Fever blister is a common health problem which all of us have faced in certain phases of our lives. They are not much problematic in mild cases because they are unaware how do you get rid of a fever blister.
These are small red blisters which appear on the lips and sometimes on the outer edges of the mouth. This article describes this condition and specially emphasize on how do you get rid of a fever blister?
Fever blisters have a clear liquid and form scabs within a few days. They are mostly caused by herpes virus and most commonly considered as the symptom of herpes infection. They can also appear after fever, exposure to sun, cold and stress during menstruation. In fact, there is no any cure found yet for this, but there are some home remedies that are considered helpful to reduce it severity and frequency, naturally.
Now some suggestions how do you get rid of fever blisters, which will surely help you.
- When you feel any type of tingling, burning or itching, you should rub juice from Aloe Vera on the affected area. Moreover, dab of aloe gel is also effective because of its healing properties.
- In discussion of article “how do you get rid of a fever blister?” another important remedy to be mentioned; to eradicate fever blisters one should mix one or two drops of grapefruit seed extract with olive oil and apply it on the sore.
- You can rub ice cube on a fever blister for 10 minutes; it will prevent the penetration of virus to the skin.
- Another important remedy which should be mentioned in discussion about “how do you get rid of a fever blister” is lemon. Apply extract of lemon balm which will reduce the symptoms as well as speeds up the healing process.
- Topical application of mint extract will speed up the healing of the blister.
- Vaseline is also helpful because it moisturizes and softens blisters, prevent them from bleeding.
The readers of this article “how do you get rid of a fever blister?” can apply all these remedies but should do all precautions;
- Avoid using any of above mentioned remedies if you are allergic to something.
- You should also get tested for herpes infection to diagnose the disease.
- You should stop the application of, if it is irritating you.
Hopefully, this article “how do you get rid of a fever blister” will be beneficial for all.